Keeping In Touch: Elizabeth's BlogSpot

Thursday, May 31, 2007

My "Baby" Is Moving On!

Well, we made it through the month of May. Both Prom and Graduation are over now and we all survived. Ashley had a wonderful time at her prom and, as a mom, I have to say she looked stunning as well! (No bias there, huh?) ; ) She also graduated in the top 15% percent of her class and was a Sr. Senator in the Student Government. We were bursting with pride as she walked across the stage and accepted her diploma as a member of the first graduating class ever of Boulder Creek High School!

As you, my loyal friends and blog readers know, I've had a tough time adjusting this year to the fact that my firstborn child will be leaving the nest in the fall. My heart has been flooded with mixed emotions of pride and happiness touched with sadness knowing that I'll miss seeing that sweet face every day. (Plus there's this nagging question of, "Am I really this old?") ; ) But now that we've gone through High School graduation, I'm left with feelings of gratefulness and hope as Ashley steps out in faith on her journey to adulthood. I know I'm going to miss having her around everyday, but I am so pleased with the direction she's going and excited for the opportunities and experiences she has ahead of her! I'm also looking forward to some quality time with my other "baby", Chelsea. She's going to have a tough time adjusting to not having her sister/best friend around every day. I'm sure we will be our own little support group for each other. : )

God has blessed me with two children who have filled my life with joy! My cup truly overflows! Thanks to all of you for the prayers and support you've given our family during this time of transition.

Here's to the Class of 2007! May God bless each and every one of them!

5 Comments:

  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger D.L. White said…

    Congrats to Ashley! I know she'll go on to do great things! You both have lots to be proud of.

    I can't relate the parent's side of things, but I do remember standing on the football field after high school graduation and having a sudden burst of clarity or realization, that things will never be the same. It was an exciting yet bittersweet moment for me.

    Btw - Love her dress in that picture! Beautiful!

     
  • At 11:30 PM, Blogger Elizabeth C. said…

    DLW: An "exciting yet bittersweet moment" is the perfect description! I remember that feeling too and am sure that's what Ashley is feeling now. It's pretty much the same feeling from the parents side too...just knowing that things will never quite be the same again. I guess there are many moments like that in life, huh?

    Thanks for your kind words of congratulations. Glad you liked her dress too. : )

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Josh said…

    All I can think of when I think of ALL the Carmans is: WOW! Just by watching your family from a distance and working closely with you I see you guys trying hard to do the good thing. Your family is amazing...I hope mine turns out as well as yours did. Ashley will do very well in life. She looked stunning in her prom dress and so happy at getting her diploma. You guys did a fantastic job with her. Thank you for being great parents!

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Elizabeth C. said…

    Josh, you are too sweet! Thank you for all the love, kindness and support you show our family.

    You and Neena are going to be great parents. I can't wait to watch how your family grows! And you know you'll have all the support from us that we can give!

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger Josh said…

    WANTED: MORE UPDATES




    Please...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home