Keeping In Touch: Elizabeth's BlogSpot

Thursday, May 25, 2006

What A Week!

We have had quite an exciting week around here! On Monday, our oldest daughter was inducted into the National Honor Society. As if that isn't neat enough on it's own, it is also the very first NHS group for Boulder Creek High School. Cool! She was also elected to the Student Government for her senior year. Since Boulder Creek is a new High School, she'll get to participate in many "firsts". In fact, her class next year will be the first seniors to graduate from Boulder Creek.

Last night, our youngest daughter graduated from 8th grade and is now officially a freshman in High School! (I still can't believe I have two kids in High school now!!) She had a great year at Gavilan Peak. She was on the yearbook staff, played Basketball for the Lady Firebirds and was a manager for the girls Softball team. She also received the Firebird Spirit award. This award was voted on by the teachers, so we were very proud of her for receiving it.

Since this was our first year in Arizona, our biggest worry was how the girls would adjust after such a drastic move. Well, they've both done great! They both have jumped right into the youth group at church, have made lots of friends and done well at school. We could not be happier and we are proud of them both. Today is the last official day of school. We are now ready to enjoy the summer!

On another note, I'm thrilled that Taylor won American Idol! I have to admit that I was totally hooked on AI this season. There were lots of good singers on the show this year, but Taylor was the only one that I could imagine actually buying his CD. Yea, Taylor!!!

My favorite show, "24", also wrapped up this week. I was a little disappointed with the wrap up of this story line. I wanted to see the bad guy get punished! But they did give us a HUGE cliff hanger. Now we have to wait until next January to see what happens to Jack. Oh well, I just hope he gets a little sleep before his next "worst day ever" begins! ; )

Even my guilty pleasure, "Smallville", is over for the year. Now I have to wait till the fall to watch Clark Kent move even closer to his destiny as Superman and to see Lex Luthor become the evil villain we all know he is!

Don't know what I'm going to do with myself now that my three TV addictions are over with for the year. On second thought, I hope I'll spend lots of time traveling and hanging out by the pool with my family and friends! Happy summer, everyone!

7 Comments:

  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger Ross said…

    I watched a little bit of the last Smallville... you can't miss a second of that show though or you're lost so you're gonna have to fill me in again.

    Part of me is also kinda worried that they might kill off Jack next season and have a new main character... granted that would be kind of stupid for them to do, but it's not unheard of in series like that...

    I can't wait for yall to come visit! I need to make sure I know what days yall are staying, I wanna get some time off so I actually get to see ya.

    Anyways, that's great news about the girls (and I hope we get to see them this time too ^.^() ) Love yall, Talk to ya later

    -Ross-

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger Ross said…

    P.S.


    I find myself still feeling that "school's out" energy .... I really don't know why though, I haven't really had a summer break in 5 years now... oh well, I guess some habits die hard.

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger Shawn White said…

    In a way I think it's great that 24 won't be based in LA next season - I think that storyline was starting to wear a little thin. It will definitely be interesting to see how that plays out.

    We were estatic to see Taylor win AK...err...AI. He was one of our favorites (along with Chris and Elliot). I think a better final would have been Elliot v. Taylor - I bet the margin of victory would have been razor thin.

    24 doesn't start until next January, but LOST starts sometime in the Fall so at least I'll have a little bit of that to tide me over (along with the NFL) until 24 and AI starts again.

    Have a great summer and congrats to the girls - sounds like they are adjusting well and had some terrific accomplishments. You and Stephen should be proud parents.

    Shawn

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger Elizabeth C. said…

    Shawn: I agree with you about AK (smile). It would have been much more exciting if the final two had included Elliott or Chris vs. Taylor. I was pulling for Taylor all the way though. I also agree that it will be nice to have a different setting for 24 next season.

    Thanks for the kind words about the girls. We are very proud of them.

    Ok, I guess I'm gonna have to break down and begin watching Lost! : )

    Ross: Don't worry. I'll catch you up with Smallville. Can't wait to see y'all in a couple of weeks. Save room for some Casa Ole'!!! : )

     
  • At 7:43 AM, Blogger Stephen said…

    Could not be more proud of the girls. Easy when they are beautiful, smart, and well behaved.

    Of course, the summer--with no TV shows--will be swim, swim and swim.

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger MDM said…

    I am late reading this, but congrats to you and Stephen on your girls!! I can see what a blessing these girls are for you. They are amazing people that I would love to know better. Are you working on Ashley to go to ACU next year???!!

     
  • At 5:55 AM, Blogger Danny Sims said…

    2 high scoolers... Wow.

    Have a great weekend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home