Keeping In Touch: Elizabeth's BlogSpot

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Idol Chatter

After the serious topic of yesterday's post, I thought I'd just post some random goofiness today. (SPOILER ALERT! If you don't want to know who was voted off American Idol last night, READ NO FURTHER!!!)

Can you believe that Chris went home last night? He wasn't even my favorite, but I was absolutely stunned, as was he it seemed. Even Katherine looked stunned. I had predicted that it would be Chris and Taylor in the final two. What happened??? I could swear that the studio audience even went silent for a second or two. I was sorry to see Chris go, but I'm still rooting for my man, Taylor!

❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦

Now for something completely different! If you have five minutes to spare, check out this clip from the show "King of the Hill". (Seriously, the clip is about 5 minutes long.)

In the clip it seems that someone has stolen the Hill's pew at church. I admit it made me laugh, but it's really one of those "sad, but true" kind of things. I guess that's why it's funny. Don't they say that all good comedy has a grain of truth to it? ☺ A good illustration of how we miss the point about church sometimes. I'll be interested to hear what you think about it.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger Shawn White said…

    Chris was one of my favorites too - but not to fear - look at this news that just came across the internet...

    "Chris Daughtry will get an offer tonight to front a famous band. It will unfold on the television show 'EXTRA.'

    Members of the band will appear on the 'EXTRA' set to make the offer.

    In a stunning turn of events, Daughtry, who was the odds-on favorite to win the 'American Idol' competition, was booted last night.

    Daughtry was on Ryan Seacrest's KIIS FM radio show in Los Angeles this morning, where the 'A.I.' host, who is in on the secret, urged the singer to watch 'EXTRA' tonight.

    TMZ knows the name of the band, but we're sworn to secrecy. But trust us, it's a big deal. Watch 'EXTRA' tonight."

    Shawn

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Elizabeth C. said…

    That's cool! Guess I'll have to watch EXTRA tonight.

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger Neena said…

    I loved that video. It made me laugh and there is truth in that. That's why it is so funny.

     
  • At 11:01 PM, Blogger Stephen said…

    Leave it to Hank and Peggy to expose the obvious. I especially like the "new comer awkwardness" as they visited each church. Do we sit, stand, kneel, raise hands, clap...what to do?!?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home